With more than 50 active engineering contracts, Urban Engineers’ team has the demonstrated experience to improve freight and passenger rail, as well as transit systems across the country. Our integrated multi-disciplinary staff includes environmental engineers, planners, designers, and construction management professionals who have decades of experience solving the toughest of challenges related to rail and transit projects. From the initial stages of planning to celebratory ribbon-cuttings, Urban takes a vested and focused interest in improving the quality of rail transportation in the United States.
Urban is seeking the right executive level leader for the position of National General Manager - Rail & Transit (R&T) Business Line to join our team. The primary responsibilities will be to provide leadership to Urban’s multidiscipline R&T staff; maintain, cultivate, and grow client relationships within the industry nationally; as well as oversee and lead major pursuits, projects and programs through all phases of planning, design, construction, and project delivery. Additionally, this position will be responsible for working with Urban’s regional managers to develop strategies for each regional market that articulate market trends/drivers and recommended priorities to successfully invest and grow R&T services, consistent with the objectives of other business lines, and Urban’s overall corporate strategies. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Vertical Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Provide leadership and administration of the R&T Business Line nationally.
● Prepare and execute a defined “R&T Business Line Execution Plan” with clear processes, procedures, goals and objectives to successfully execute the plan.
● Monitor the status of all Rail & Transit Business Line projects including job cost, profit and loss projections.
● Assists in project pursuits and client engagements.
● Management and preparation of strategic/key proposals, development of contracts and teaming agreements, coordination with Project Managers, and maintenance of relationships with key consultants to support the R&T Business Line.
● Provide collaborative and integrated leadership for all disciplines providing R&T services.
● Responsible for the development and achievement of regional business line productivity, sales, and revenue goals across all disciplines within the R&T Business Line.
● Develops and executes the strategic practice “R&T Business Line Execution Plan.”
● Works closely with Regional Managers on the execution of key growth initiatives.
● Periodically acts as Project Principal on specific projects.
● Serves as client account manager for key client relationships.
● Conducts interviews/presentations at the executive level.
● Identifies new business opportunities while developing current client relationships.
● Leads capture strategy on key marketing and business development opportunities.
● Participates in developing annual “Business Acquisition Plans” in support of all regions.
● Develops and maintains positive relationships with consultants, contractors, as well as clients and jurisdictional agencies.
● Assists in development and review of fee proposals for proposals.
● Participates in both local and national professional associations and conferences.
● Participates in interviews and recruitment of professional and technical staff.
● Conducts performance evaluations of senior business line staff, and responsible for implementing performance development of all R&T staff.
● Build teamwork across the business line and identification of key hires.
● Proven leader with strong interpersonal and effective leadership skills.
● 15+ years of project management experience with multidiscipline projects across the country.
● Proven experience working with transit agencies and railroads.
● Experience in the management of complex projects including design, design-build, CMGC, and P3 project delivery.
● Proven national business development experience.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Business, or related discipline.