At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change—building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates—and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company’s core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are actively seeking a 3rd Shift Warehouse Associate for our distribution center located in Oaks, PA.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company’s leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
To learn more about the Haines experience, please visit
- Report to work on time daily
- Perform safety check on forklift and other PPE equipment checks
- Ensure equipment is properly stores and charged when needed at shift end
- Report any hazards to supervisor immediately
- Unload and stage transfer trucks properly when required
- Maintain a safe and clean work area at all times
- Ensure that all trailers/trucks are properly chocked and secured prior to entering the equipment to load
- Conduct inspection of vehicle to ensure floors are in good order to support equipment and material
- Pull material from staging or storage locations ensuring the customer receives the correct item, quantity and undamaged
- Clean product when necessary prior to loading material
- Assemble and load material onto assigned truck
- Build and assemble product by customer using load sheets and load onto truck to allow driver to unload assuring that material is correct and not damaged
- Load trailers in accordance with proper weight distribution charts
- Report any overage, shortage or damaged (OS&D) material to supervisor immediately
- Check load sheet to make sure all materials are loaded
- Check dock and staging area for any material that should be on the truck
- Check in any and all materials not loaded onto delivery trucks staging all will call, freight line and future delivery orders in the correct staging bins
- Report any material to supervisor that was left off any delivery trucks or any overages shipped
- Check assigned staging bins for unmarked material and report to supervisor
- Clean and sweep dock and all staging areas including exterior dock area when needed
- Assist with any “Will Calls” when needed
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of warehouse experience
- Heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds) and forklift experience highly preferred
- Basic computer, reading, writing and math skills necessary; MS Office desirable
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Haines are considered property of Haines and are not subject to payment of agency fees.