Sells replaceable parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles in a parts store(s). Ascertains make, year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement required, or informs customer of part needed according to description of malfunction. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Provide retail and professional customers with professional, clear and courteous service.
- Operate a Point of Sale "(POS)" system to record customer transactions.
- Complete cash balance sheets accurately, practice option and add-on selling techniques.
- Ensure that parts are in stock and delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Communicate SPIFFs, store specials, benefits and warranty policy information to customers.
- Assist in store inventories.
- May assist in deliveries of product to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma preferred.
- 1 year picking and packing experience.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-selling techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license that meets the criteria under company policy.