At TimBar Packaging & Display, our associates have demonstrated their commitment to the customer and each other by working together to grow our organization into one of the best independent corrugated companies in the United States. For nearly 60 years we have been creating distinctive products, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting and preparing our teams.
If you would like to join an organization…
- That provides training and career building opportunities
- Offers competitive salary and benefit packages
- That is results-driven and encourages associates to actively participate in problem-solving
- Recognizes accomplishment and celebrates success.
We encourage you to apply!
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Vacation/Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) with match
- Company Paid Group and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the forklift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Operation and care of forklift in a safe manner. Must be qualified to properly operate the forklift.
- Complete and document a forklift inspection form before start of shift and when operating a new forklift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Locate stock before the start of the run.
- Deliver appropriate stock to appropriate machines safely and on time.
- Remove finished goods from machines.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and safe stacks of stock in storage areas.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate location of stock in storage area by paperwork and computer.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery and service goals.
- Assist other forklift operators as necessary and is backup to Shipping Lead Person.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Comply with the facilities food packaging safety programs processes and procedures.
- Complete annual food packaging safety training.
- Report any discovered food packaging safety risks or concerns to the food packaging safety management representative or direct supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Prior work experience as a forklift operator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.