Russell Standard/ Hammaker East is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
We are currently seeking an Equipment Operator to join our road construction team in Fayetteville, Pennsylvania!
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as screed, paver, lute, chippers, spreaders, rollers
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisors; cleans equipment
- Must be able to maneuver and control equipment in a safe and effective fashion including signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed and positioning. Must be able to back up equipment and trucks in and around tight corners, through manufacturing areas and around high pedestrian traffic
- Must be able to operate equipment of various sizes and weights for material application, surface treatment, loading, hauling, unloading material
- Asphalt paving machine operation – must be able to operate controls, ignite and heat screed, raise and lower auger, operate vibrating tamper
- Commercial Drivers License – Class B is preferred. Must have minimum of Class B within first year of employment
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience operating asphalt machinery
- Knowledge of single and multi-rear axle trucks including laws, regulations and operation of vehicle
- Must be able to maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe and effective fashion
- Safety conscious – must be able to follow safety procedures
- Ability to work varied shifts and long hours during peak operation times (spring, summer and fall).
- Local travel to various work sites is required
- Ability to work in inclement weather (very hot or cold)
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position.