At Asplundh Tree Expert Co. our mission is to be the recognized world leader in providing professional, safe, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable vegetation management and other utility-related services. With this goal in mind, each person on our team is challenged to consistently exceed the expectations of the customers for whom we work and the people they serve.
Who We Are and What We Do
Since 1928, Asplundh has been a family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ 30,000 service professionals throughout the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia. As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides and emergency storm work and logistical support.
We are currently seeking an Equipment Mechanic to join our team.
- The Equipment Mechanic handles all necessary repairs to include the replacement of worn or damaged parts. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide regular servicing to include using jacks, cranes, and various handheld tools to dismantle and reassemble areas of heavy equipment.
- Make adjustments of engines, as well as any additional assemblies such as gear transmissions and hydraulic.
- Examine critical parts and operating components of heavy equipment for possible wear and tear, defects, or other damage with use of specialized tools but also trained eyes and ears.
- Test equipment and machines on a regular schedule to ensure things are operating efficiently and safely.
- Clean all components using approved solvents formulated for heavy equipment.
- Check for components and parts that need to be welded and then with a gas or electric welder perform the work.
- May have to operate the type of machinery being worked on.
- May work in tight spaces
- May work with hazardous tools, i.e. welding torches
- Work around moving equipment
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as per task assigned.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
This position can require but is not limited to:
- Body Twisting
- Sense of Touch
- Manual Dexterity
- Speaking Clearly
- Seeing Distant
- Climbing On/Off Truck
- Range of Motion
- Hearing-Speech Range
- Depth Perception
- Color Vision
- Climbing Ladders
- Climbing Stairs
- Climbing Poles
- Lifting 10 to 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting of over 50 lbs