The Equipment Manager is directly responsible for the management Construction Equipment and the Garage. The Equipment Manager is responsible for the entire equipment fleet from initial purchase to its disposal including maintenance. The Equipment Manager is responsible to ensure equipment needs are met through owned equipment or rentals for all company divisions.
Garage / Equipment
· Oversee and manage equipment operations.
· Oversee and manage garage manager and operations.
· Monitor equipment utilization, hourly costs…
· Approve repairs and/or rebuilds of existing fleet.
· Make recommendations for potential equipment acquisitions and sell-offs.
· Inspect potential acquisition equipment to determine condition and value.
· Calculate Return on Investment for all acquisitions.
· Buy/Sell equipment.
· Appraise condition and value of existing fleet.
· Oversee all outside rentals of equipment for entire company.
· Determine when it is more cost effective to rent equipment in lieu of using in-house fleet.
· Look for cost savings by monthly rental, global pricing.
· Rent equipment to outside users.
· Oversee all crane operations, maintenance and repairs.
· Oversee and manage the warehouse manager.
· Oversee and approve the small tools acquisition budget.
· Oversee recycling operations.
· Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses to your supervisor.
· Maintain a safe, clean work environment.
· Correct all hazards, unsafe conditions and practices.
· High school diploma/GED/Tech Prep Diploma.
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant construction experience.
· Proficient with a computer with working knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet application, Word and Outlook.
· Knowledge of Viewpoint is a plus.
· The ability to speak effectively in front of groups of management officials, employees or customers, to present information and respond to questions in a clear and effective manner.
· The ability to manage employees, resolve conflicts, promote team building and be a team leader.
· The ability to learn, organize and prioritize work, delegate tasks as deemed necessary, handle multiple tasks, work independently, recognize issues and solve problems.
· The ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to policy and procedure.
· The ability to speak fluent English and the ability to read and write English.
· The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual.
· The ability to read and understand documents, drawings and follow instructions (whether presented in written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
· The ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts to practical situations.
· The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
· The ability to work cooperatively with others.
· The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or co-workers and respond to customer's needs.
· Must have sufficient visual acuity and clear speech to perform the essential functions of the job effectively.
· The ability to use hands and fingers and have manual dexterity.
· The ability to stand/bend/stretch/reach/kneel/crawl, etc.
· The ability to travel out of town for training.
· The ability to travel between the office and jobsites in a timely and effective manner.
· Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The Equipment Manager reports to the President and is directly responsible for supervising professional as well as non-professional, garage and field staff. Will be expected to maintain current knowledge of construction techniques and procedures. Will be expected to be able to review the work being conducted and determine it is being completed in the most productive and cost effective manner. Will be expected to use sound judgment, diplomacy, discretion, self-drive and honesty in carrying out the functions of the job.
Email to apply