Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
Summary of Position
Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine accounting and clerical functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, material purchasing, or related financial area. This is an entry level position.
- Processes and reconciles accounting data, such as: posting entries and balancing general or subsidiary ledgers, vendor invoices / payments, purchases, expense reports, compiling segments of monthly closings, annual reports, and other data processing
- Receives and verifies data for invoices or time records for materials and services, and enters data for payment and mails accordingly
- Assist with AR/Credit Manager with processing customer payments
- Verifies that transactions are in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Assists with file maintenance and check run and related duties
- Maintains contact with other division departments and vendors, and addresses any issues.
- Assists with administration and maintenance related to accounting and financial matters, as needed, such as: vendors, purchases, and other related accounting / accounts payable matters
- Acts as a liaison to assigned company divisions in preparation of monthly financial management reports
- Provides full backup administration for other Accounting personnel in a specific functional area (e.g. Payroll, Tax) when needed
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or related major required, bachelor’s degree is highly desired
- 0- 2 years of experience with related systems
- Proficiency with computers (Word, Excel and Accounting software and systems)
- Ability to use Viewpoint or similar accounting system
- Detailed oriented, organized and accurate
- Willingness to assist others
- Strong typing abilities
- Able to use PC, calculator, and office equipment
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.