- Read and interpret shop drawings and wiring diagrams
- Read and interpret Bills of Manufacturing(BOMs) to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units
- Make electrical connections on cords/wires according to specifications
- Modify parts by drilling, tapping, countersinking, etc. machine tools, power and pneumatic hand tools.
- Assemble parts, and position, align, and fasten assemblies, subassemblies, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using tape measures and precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Attach labels and mark identifying information on parts.
Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements