Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Driver at Friendship Village of South Hills, a CCRC community located in Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania. The shift that we are currently seeking is variable, approximately 20 hours per week. Some weekends included.
Driver is responsible for safely transporting residents on trips from and to the community. Position drives a bus as well as automobiles.
A few other details about the role:
- Drive residents safely to scheduled destinations. Track assigned pick-ups and drop offs to ensure timely service.
- Provide for high level of resident engagement.
- Maintain cleanliness of bus and automobiles. Report need for vehicle maintenance, such as oil changes, fluid levels, belts, batteries, etc.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations, maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid class B commercial driver's license with passenger endorsement
- One year experience driving for seniors is preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record (no violations) and possess sage, courteous driving habits.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations, and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
- Ability to operate a bus and vehicles in a safe and economical manner.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated route sheets, time sheets, field trip forms, incident and accident reports, etc.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with automobiles.
- Must have excellent hospitality skills in working with customers.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL