Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Director of Life Enrichment and Engagement, at Friendship Village of South Hills located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We are the first community in Pennsylvania to earn the title of "Certified Center for Successful Aging."
The Director of Lifestyle is responsible for managing the wellness and activity programming for the community campus of independent living and health care. Position ensures programming efforts incorporate and achieve the wellness dimensions of sensory, social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and physical enrichment.
A few other details about the role:
- Ensure resident satisfaction levels are achieved through quality and hospitality services and initiatives.
- Oversee the design of life enrichment and engagement programs that are appropriate in optimizing resident participation based on resident interests and abilities.
- Coordinate and market community-wide resident functions including holiday and anniversary celebrations.
- Develop departmental budget and operates department within annual set budgetary guidelines which includes but is not limited to labor, operations, inventory, revenue and capital.
- Directly responsible for hiring, scheduling, supervising, performance management and corrective action. Team member development and training.
- Department policy development and monitoring.
- Team member engagement, relations, recognition and retention.
- Provide leadership and annual plans meeting Lifespace Communities and Community strategic plans. Implement, evaluate and report on progress of plans.
- Promote and lead selected resident activities.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eight to ten years applicable experience
- Certifications required by state regulations. Industry certifications include NCCAP or CTRS
- Experience leading a team is preferred.
- Possess a genuine appreciation of senior population.
- Knowledgeable of wellness theories and practices.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, and implement events independently and in group involvement.
- Knowledgeable of computer functions for computerized activity programs.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changes.
- Knowledgeable of individual or group behavior.
- Adeptness to listen and understand information presented by residents, team members, and upper administration.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Clair, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL