Job Summary The Technician Apprentice Program (TAP) is a Waste Management initiative designed to take junior level mechanics and develop them as professional mechanics for a fleet maintenance career track within Waste Management. Besides part time and full-time employment opportunities and a formal training program, the candidate may receive tools as a part of the program. The ideal candidate is someone with a trade school background. Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Washes vehicles and equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience No previous experience required B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Required: Valid CDL and must have a clean driving record.