Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, and two to four years previous experience.
- Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D, plus additional or specialized training, and two to four years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver?s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Valid CDL and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
I thought you might be interested in this new job opportunity. By clicking any of the buttons or links within this email you can view the job details, apply, sign-up to receive career updates, and share with your connections. We look forward to hearing from you.
You also have the option to start the application over the phone by calling 877-220-5627. When asked for a media code, please use J0W. You can call us any day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CST.Please if you know someone who is seeking employment opportunities, forward this to them.
Direct Application Link :