Johnstone Supply Balsan Group is a growing HVAC/R wholesaler in the Maryland/Washington DC area and the Greater Philadelphia area seeking to hire high energy level, customer oriented people. Part of a national cooperative, Johnstone Supply aims to be THE HVAC/R parts solution provider with strong knowledge base to our customers throughout our area. Looking for opportunity to stretch and grow with a company? This is the place!
The Counter Sales Representative will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales goals at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction by providing the highest level of customer service. We aim to provide HVAC product knowledge and therefore HVAC parts knowledge is preferred. Needs to be proficient with computers and different software and know how to navigate the internet to find products for customers. Needs to have attention to detail to follow through with customer needs. Needs to have high level of problem-solving skills and work well under pressure and strong communication skills.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profiles
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
- Communicate effectively with vendors, corporate, distribution centers, and other branches to obtain accurate information relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint
- Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes and product developments by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the distribution team
- Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products
- Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service position. Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skill in using critical thought to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Proficiency with computers and different software required as well as knowledge on how to navigate the internet to find products for customers.
- Prior experience in the HVAC industry preferred.
- Eclipse knowledge preferred.
- College education preferred.
- Medical and Dental insurance offered
- 401K match after a year of employment
- On-going training provided