Russell Standard is hiring a full time Continuous Improvement Specialist/Lean Coordinator. This position is responsible for identifying and coordinating process improvement initiatives within Russell Standard. The role is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time, resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction.
- The Continuous Improvement Leader / Lean Facilitator will lead the implementation of Lean, Six Sigma, 5S and supporting programs.
- Define improvement projects that align with business strategies
- Use lean principles to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow for maximum efficiency and flow.
- Establish standardized guidelines and principles by utilizing continuous improvement methodology and creating an environment for never ending improvement.
- Coordinate and track activities, manage events, and drive daily and long term lean initiatives/projects.
- Work with the leadership team to prioritize and identify improvement initiatives
- Analyze improvement programs and predict potential outcomes
- Establish and maintain performance metrics to measure the success of the projects
- Teach and lead cross functional teams through Lean, CI and process improvements
- Identify, implement and track KPI's to ensure progress
- Provide training and technical support on new or existing processes
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or another appropriate discipline in manufacturing or construction. Applicants lacking a 4 year degree, but having 8 to 10+ years of real world experience & relevant certifications are also welcome & encouraged to apply.
- A focus on continuous improvement; experience with Lean, TQC, TQM, ISO, Six Sigma and other like disciplines preferred.
- Pride in your work and that of your team
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and excellent English language/grammar.
- Proficient in MS Office, including, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Project
- 25% travel required, mostly within 100 mile radius with occasional greater distances. Some overnight stay required.
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunities