Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 90 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Bel Air, Maryland.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform quality control review and testing for construction projects.
- Review activities on active construction sites.
- Field observation, testing and sampling of soils, concrete, masonry and steel construction for conformance with contract documents.
- Write field reports documenting work performed confirming compliance status with contract documents.
- Recordkeeping and documentation of daily contractor activities.
- Additional tasks may include laboratory testing of soils and concrete.
- Travel to client sites will be required. We supply company vehicles.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and directions.
- Possess the physical strength and stamina to repeatedly lift and move up to 50 pounds as well as climb, bend, and stoop for extended periods and in varying weather conditions.
- Good communication and follow-up skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office
- Valid driver's license
- 0 -5 years of experience
- Some experience with construction plan reading.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays
- Minimum of 80 hours of vacation plus 40 hours of sick time.