Commercial Plumbing & HVAC project assistant will assist the estimators and project managers in the construction division. This would include, material take-off from blueprints, speaking with vendors and field employees, printing & scanning blueprints and emailing documents.
- Learn how to use the QuickPen estimating software program.
- Perform material take-off and create material lists from blueprints.
- Prepare, quotations and assist the estimators prepare project estimates.
- Schedule equipment deliveries with direction from the manager or field employee.
- Procure basic parts with direction from the manager or field employee.
- Expedite parts and equipment that have been ordered.
- Request estimates from vendor.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have some field experience in the plumbing or HVAC industry.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must have strong blueprint reading skills.
- Must be willing to learn the QuickPen estimation software system.
- Must have a good knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work with multiple deadlines & under pressure.
- Must be able to work within a team environment to best achieve timely results.
- Must be self-sufficient and able to perform the duties of this position.
- Must have experience specific to the commercial or industrial construction industry.
- Must be outgoing, professional, ambitious, and drug-free.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday 8 hours per day 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Prior knowledge or experience with the duties listed above.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickPen estimating software.