Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for a Community Relations Specialist to join our team at our community called Rittenhouse at Leghigh Valley. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership and design. As a result, the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 8,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
Provide community relations, sales activities and the results necessary to achieve and exceed the community’s sales and move-in goals, continuously maximizing occupancy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Builds a referral generating network for our senior living community:
• Pre-qualifies sources of professional referrals to determine their ability to send qualified potential residents to the community.
• Positions the business partnership emphasizing that our residents will be using their services and in return referrals are generated to the community.
• Identifies the key decision-makers and influencers in the local community to generate referrals to the community.
• Interacts with others by developing and maintaining rapport, demonstrating interpersonal sensitivity toward others.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships through mutually advantageous activities.
• Plans events that draw the professional referral sources to the community for a presentation and tour; manages the logistics, greets guests and provides tours.
• Researches the sales history of referral sources to determine the effectiveness of activities and modifies plan and tactics to optimize ROI.
• Establishes a work schedule that supports the demands of the marketing plan and meets or exceeds the number of presentations, group presentations and follow-up visits in accordance with the plan.
• Develops a “formal” community relations annual marketing plan and budget, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Maintains in Vitals CRM, accurate, complete and up-to-date records of leads and referral sources/contacts to measure professional community relations’ efforts and cost, according to guidelines established by the Executive Director.
• Working with other staff, achieves and surpasses benchmarks set for work plan, early move-ins and maintenance of high occupancy throughout the community.
• Keeps updated records about relevant operational, competitive, and company information, in order to respond effectively to inquiries from contacts, and convey the competitive advantages of the community
• Monitors local community information to gain market intelligence on the changing marketplace including potential new referral sources and competitors.
• Notifies corporate marketing on newsworthy events and human-interest stories for PR.
• Stays current with industry journals, newsletters and publications.
• Participates in local associations and groups with membership and agendas that impact senior care and directly tie into the professional referral community.
• Maintains and protects the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• High school degree/equivalent. College degree preferred.
• Two to three years’ experience in senior living preferred.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Full-time team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Both full and part-time team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.