Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials, and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
POSITION PURPOSE: Provides overall staff direction and guidance to foreman while maximizing productivity for each project. Supervise total operations effort and assist whenever needed with estimating efforts to ensure that projects are constructed in accordance with budget and schedule.
- Ensure foreman lead daily safety Toolbox Talks safety meetings.
- Operate and maintain zero incident job sites by monitoring compliance with corporate safety program requirements; document and verify corrective actions are taken with unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and/or near miss incidents.
- Schedule projects and monitor work performance to ensure productivity by establishing production rates for each job.
- Supervise forepersons and review their daily reports for accuracy.
- Schedule and dispatch equipment and ensure that all equipment is spotted safely and properly.
- Assist with estimating process by evaluating road conditions, traffic needs, vehicle types, cost of materials and production levels and identify potential cost savings.
- Maintain ongoing communications with the municipalities, local township supervisors, commercial and private owners, quarry personnel and/or state inspectors.
- Review pay quantities and ensure payment completed.
- Coordination of subcontractors.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crews, company departments, or other contractors.
- Interprets and explains plans for construction of new projects.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Meet production goals (units per day).
- Meet financial budgeting and profit goals
- Consistent high quality workmanship.
- Effective project planning (pre-job planning, short-interval planning, post job reviews, etc).
- Effective material and equipment utilization.
- Effective management of all project details including permits, contract administration, and change orders.
- Accurate and up-to-date project documentation.
- Participate in training and development of staff.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- 4- 5 years experience in construction industry, preferably asphalt related
- Applicable heavy high way construction experience
- Experience in crew supervision, training and development
- Must be able to assist crews when necessary with heavy lifting and mechanical operation of machinery
- Extensive driving required
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position