The Trades Program Instructor at McCann School of Business & Technology should possess some knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC and/or Welding including 3-5 years of work experience. Experience in Building and Property Management is helpful but not required. Teaching/Training experience preferred but not required. This is a part-time position that includes working some evening hours.
As an Instructor, you will provide your students with the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain entry-level employment in their field of study. In our collaborative environment, you will prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and work habits for a successful career.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students
- Guarantee that student has been presented with the material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student’s program of study
- Provide the student with timely information and feedback on his/her academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework and projects
- Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are properly maintained and are in working order prior to class time
- Participate in ongoing faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged classroom experience for all students; maintain required certification and license
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and actively participate in their implementation and enforcement
- Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’ guidelines, along with internal policies of the company
- Other duties as assigned
Instructors will ensure ethical conduct, sound educational practices, and the academic development of each student, with focus on the mission and core values of the campus. In this position, the Instructor delivers the approved curriculum to help students achieve their educational and career goals. Instructors will also manage their classrooms and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Instructors are to “model" the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 - 5 years work experience in all or some of the following areas - HVAC, Welding, Plumbing and or Electrical.
- Some technical training preferred, not required if work experience is sufficient.