Russell Standard/Hammaker East is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
We are currently seeking multiple full time Tri-Axle Dump Truck Drivers to join our Sterlingwood team in Mars, PA! Drivers will be responsible for transporting and distributing material related to road construction/ maintenance operations.
- Obtaining road construction materials from storage/plant/yard and haul to job site
- Maintaining appropriate DOT ELD logs
- Performing daily inspection on assigned equipment and referring defects or repairs to Equipment Division
- Ensuring that equipment used is clean and well taken care of
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Commercial Drivers License – Class B is preferred.
- Manual transmission experience
- Knowledge of single and multi-rear axle trucks including laws, regulations and operation of vehicle
- Must be able to maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe and effective fashion including signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed and land positioning.
- Safety conscious – must be able to follow safety procedures
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- Ability to work nights and Saturdays
- Ability to work in inclement weather (very hot or cold)
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks
- Control Precision – Ability to operate vehicles and/or equipment under varying conditions
- Communication – Must be able to communicate with people in and outside the company
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Dependable – driver positions require reliable, responsible and dependable people
- Teamwork oriented/Cooperative
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.