Duffield Associates, Inc. is seeking a Civil-Site/Water Resources Engineer - Practice Leader/Sr. Project Manager to lead our Site/Land Development team in the Philadelphia, PA office.
Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 100 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania, West Deptford, New Jersey, and Bel Air, Maryland.
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution (enough to, potentially, cover 100% of a single employee's medical coverage) to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Outreach activities such as blood drives, adopt-a-highway, American Heart Associations Awareness activities, etc.
- Lead the Land Development Practice in the Philadelphia region, including project design, project management and business development.
- Assist the Civil Engineering Division Director and Philadelphia Office Manager as needed.
- Perform and manage technical engineering work associated with land or site development and/or water resources:
- stormwater management design, erosion & sediment control design; site grading;
- Traffic Impact Studies and/or entrance design preferred;
- prepare record and construction plans for agency/municipal review. Completion of various land development and land use permitting applications;
- attend meetings with municipal officials, engineers, developers, and contractors.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- P.E. (Pennsylvania) required (New Jersey preferred)
- 10 or more years of experience in land development civil-site engineering (preferred in the City of Philadelphia and surrounding counties and PWD, PA DEP, PennDOT experience).
- Experience with AutoCAD required – familiarity with Civil 3D a plus.
- Familiarity with HydroCAD or other stormwater modeling software.
- Knowledge of green infrastructure practices, such as bioretention systems, permeable pavement, infiltration systems, and green roofs.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS software a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidate should be a critical thinker, be willing to learn through trial and error, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort towards the task at hand.
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow land development services in the greater PHL market.
Qualified candidates should provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.