Russell Standard/Hammaker East is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
We are currently seeking multiple Dump Truck Drivers to join our team!
Summary of Position
Drivers will be responsible for driving (operating, maneuvering, navigating) commercial vehicles for the purpose of transporting and distributing material and equipment related to road construction/ maintenance operations. To support the company value of teamwork, drivers will be expected to assist as laborers and operators on paving and or/chipping crews. Management may also direct drivers to assist on special assignments or projects.
Positions in Driver Category
Triaxle/Dump Truck Driver
Low Boy Driver
- Obtaining road construction materials from storage/plant/yard and haul to job site
- Maintaining appropriate DOT logs
- Maintaining neat and accurate assigned paperwork
- Assisting with preparing roads for surfacing
- Potentially controlling traffic at work site by flagging
- Performing daily inspection on assigned equipment and referring defects or repairs to Equipment Division
- Ensuring that equipment used is clean and well taken care of
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Commercial Drivers License – Class A; B; Hazmat Endorsement, depending on specific role and equipment to be operated
- Knowledge of single and multi-rear axle trucks including laws, regulations and operation of vehicle
- Must be able to maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe and effective fashion including signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed and land positioning. Must be able to back trucks in and around tight corners, through manufacturing areas and around high pedestrian traffic
- Safety conscious – must be able to follow safety procedures
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- Ability to work varied shifts and long hours during peak operation times (spring, summer and fall).
- Ability to work in inclement weather (very hot or cold)
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks
- Control Precision – ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of the vehicle to exact positions. Ability to operate vehicles and/or equipment under varying conditions
- Communication – ability to provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, written form, or in person. Must be able to communicate with people outside the company, favorably representing the organization to customers, the public, DOTs, and other external sources. Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Dependability – driver positions require being reliable, responsible and dependable – fulfilling obligations
- Teamwork/Cooperation – ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public. Position requires being sensitive to others’ needs and being understanding and helpful on the job
- Adaptability/Flexibility – drivers must be open to change (positive and negative) and to variety in the workplace
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Transportation/distribution vehicles, dump/triaxle truck, pickup truck, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, telephone
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of: medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity