Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
Work as a cafe artist while creating a casual fun environment for customers.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Café Assistant at Friendship Village of South Hills, a CCRC community located in Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania. The shift that we are currently seeking is 7 am to 3:30 pm, variable days with every other weekend.
The Café Assistant is responsible for providing the very best culinary experience to the residents and guests of the community by preparing and serving menu items and beverages in a prompt and courteous manner.
A few other details about the role:
- Prepare food for all menu selections available in the café, coordinating production with serving hours.
- Provide excellent resident, guest and team member engagement. Effectively resolve any customer issues and report resolution.
- Take resident and guest orders in an accurate, professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Greet and assist residents, guests and team members in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring café venue is clean by setting and clearing tables, stock adequate supply of plates, utensils and condiments. Maintain inventory par levels, track inventory and supplies needed for café operation.
- Efficiently operate point of sale system and cash register.
- Perform close down procedures and process daily reports.
- Maintain assigned work area in a safe and sanitary condition which may include but not limited to, picking up food and trash around work area and cleaning other food service equipment and utensils.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintain knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience as a café attendant, waiter/waitress, server or related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable of proper serving techniques, food handling and storage of food items.
- Must be able to interpret standardized recipes and instructions.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a direct and decisive manner.
- Must be courteous, friendly, and helpful and be able to function in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with residents and guests.
- Ability to understand and read measurements.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Clair, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL