“To expand and grow the 1st Choice Integrated Building Systems Firm in the United States of America.”
The incumbent assists in the creation of detailed shop, hanger/trimble, penetration, and other types of drawings to be utilized in mechanical construction (primarily HVAC and plumbing) projects.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing BIM models of HVAC duct, piping, plumbing, etc., for project use.
- Identifies interferences with architectural, structural, and other MEP elements.
- Maintains files, completes title block and viewport set up, and compiles pertinent documents for composite coordination, tagging and dimensioning models, and drawings.
- Details sections of the model as needed or as the project progresses.
- Ensures drawing details comply with design criteria and contract requirements.
- Prioritizes job safety and encourages the safety of others, especially when present on construction sites.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in an office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, plotters, and printers.
- Work tasks may occasionally be performed at local job sites, which means intermittent exposure to outside weather and conditions typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require occasional travel to local job sites.
- 0-3 years of computer-aided design and/or field experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel in particular).
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with diverse audiences.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to effectively work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced setting.
- Trade school completion or Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.