Join a company that offers quality products for you to work with, along with a steady workflow and solid company stability. No two days are ever the same with the industry’s evolving technology. With their high rate of retention, they want you for the long term!
Chesapeake Controls is a multi-generational company based in Chesapeake, VA who’s primary business is web-based building automation systems, including integrated HVAC controls, card access and CCTV. We consistently rank in the Top 10 in North America for Honeywell independent contractors and have extended our geographical footprint significantly through strategic partnerships.
BAS Sales Rep - Pittsburgh: Chesapeake Controls has expanded it's operations to the greater Pittsburgh market, warranting a local sales and operational presence. This position will handle all business development in the Pittsburgh area, including sales calls to the existing install base and contract customers. You will develop additional customer relationships through trade shows as well as other networking opportunities with facility managers, property management companies, mechanical contractors, direct-to-owner and other potential strategic relationships.
Other Job Duties:
- Taking opportunities from cradle to grave – survey, estimate, propose, close
- Sales proposals and presentation must be professional, accurate and compelling. Capable of value selling by providing financial analysis, showing increased building reliability, efficiency and improved tenant comfort.
- Utilize provided sales tools to plan and document sales progress for all opportunities.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner or owner representatives responsible for the decision making process to drive Chesapeake Controls service offerings.
- Willingly participate in trade shows, engineering lunch & learns and related professional organizations.
- Maintain and provide opportunity status using our customer relationship management system.
- Some travel is required.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related discipline is a plus
- Candidate must live in or around DC/NOVA area, or be willing to relocate
- 3+ years consecutive field sales experience
- Minimum one year of selling HVAC or Building Automation System (BAS) service, or related field experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Base salary plus monthly commission
- Great benefits package including;
- 100% paid employee only medical premiums
- 100% paid life insurance policy of $20K
- Available dental and vision plan
- 401k and Profit Sharing Plan
- Company vehicle with gas card
- Company cell phone
- Ten (10) paid holidays annually
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation annually
- Three (3) weeks after 8 years of service and four (4) weeks after 15 years of service
- Three (3) paid personal days annually
- Available Virginia 529 College Savings Plan
- Company stability – high rate of retention and continual, steady company growth
Our industry is constantly moving forward and evolving because customer focus and technology drive everything we do… be a part of this exciting and ever changing industry with a company that wants to see you grow and succeed. If you love making customers happy, and are eager to expand your knowledge, this is the career for you.