At NRG Controls, we help our clients make the most of their energy and financial resources, while providing value added services for our energy, security, and lighting control systems. We're an advanced technology solutions partner and provider for end users and property owners in both the public and private sectors, including hospitals, schools, colleges, prisons, office buildings, and manufacturing facilities.
We are actively seeking a Building Automation Specialist / Technician to join our growing service and retrofit business. The ideal candidate will be able to adhere to the responsibilities listed below.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interface and communicate with all system stakeholders to understand system deficiencies, concerns and priorities.
- Identify critical system issues, determine appropriate action steps and implement corrective measures in a timely fashion to satisfy all system stakeholders
- Convert existing Tridium R2 databases / systems to Tridium AX / N4 platform with minimal interruption to client’s business process.
- Provide quality control check of all work to eliminate mistakes, ensure proper control and to provide proper building conditions for the client
- Deliver technical support and training as required by end users.
- Provide retro-commissioning to HVAC control loops using trend graphs to minimize energy usage by HVAC system
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Building Automation Technician
- Must have Tridium AX Certification
- N4 Certification is not required but is a PLUS
- Must be extremely proficient in Workbench programming software
- Must have knowledge of either Siemens, Honeywell, JCI or Schneider Electric HVAC programming software (other product lines will be considered as well)
- Proficient knowledge of BacNet and LON protocols is required
- Basic Ethernet configuration capabilities is preferred
- Must pass all security clearances and have valid Driver’s License
- Must pass drug screening prior to hire
- Cultivate and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong communicate; both orally and written, with Facility Managers is a must
- Experience with basic diagnostic equipment, including multimeters
- Knowledge of computers and various operating systems and latest software
- Must be able to work unsupervised and independently
- Health/Medical (75% paid by company)
- Dental/Vison (offered – paid by employee)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – after one year of employment the company contributes 10% of annual gross wages (even if employee doesn’t contribute)
- Paid Holidays (8 total)
- Sick Days (3 per year, no carry over)
- Company will pay for training directly related to the position
- Smart phone provided
- Laptop provided
- Company vehicle and gas / vehicle maintenance card provided
- Accidental Death/Dismemberment - $100,000 policy while employed