Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for: project management; engineering; and field supervision from initial bid through project close-out in the Pittsburgh and Western PA area.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to supervise and coordinate all activities and employees relating to projects.
- Work with Superintendent to schedule crews and ensure projects are built profitably.
- Work with Dispatcher to schedule distributors, tanker deliveries, and shop activities.
- Planning and insuring adherence to construction schedules and specifications.
- Compliance and enforcement with: contract documents; codes; legal regulations; and safety programs.
- Ensure that all jobs have signed contracts, sub-contracts, and purchase orders.
- Ensure warning signs, traffic control devises and flaggers are in place.
- Convey specific hazards to crew.
- Quality and cost control. Will act as a liaison to the regional manager by providing feedback on estimated labor requirements, materials procurement, placement, equipment staging and utilization.
- Ensure that all jobs are set up in Viewpoint and are properly being costed by phase.
- Prosecution of work: Will be responsible for the timely completion of projects while remaining within budget.
- Will have frequent contact with trade workers, foreman, estimators, government officials, suppliers, vendors, customers and members of the public.
- Work with division's to estimate local PennDot projects.
- Engage in employee Training and self-development.
- Enforces compliance of production personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, NECEPT Certification preferred
- 5- 7 years’ experience in construction
- Applicable heavy high way construction experience
- Understanding of PennDot specification
- At least 5 years prior management experience
- Experience in crew supervision
- Understand and read detailed plans, drawings and specs
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position