Irex Contracting Group is a network of specialty contractors delivering exceptional value in innovation, performance, safety and service. We serve commercial, industrial, multi-residential and marine customers in a wide variety of specialized areas including mechanical insulation, nuclear, energy appraisals, abatement, painting, scaffolding, and consulting services.
Irex is currently seeking a Business Process Improvement Director for its Lancaster, PA corporate office.
This position will support the organization in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to enable optimal payroll processing for our employees.
Successful candidate will manage and coordinate process improvement across the full payroll function for 14 operating companies and over 1,500 employees; support not only the payroll team but the wider business in adapting to improvement in existing processes; and streamline and improve current procedures and liaise with software providers, IT, Finance and Payroll and any other relevant parties where necessary. This position requires a basic understanding of the Specialty Contracting industry and experience with payroll processing in a multi-jurisdictional environment. Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business process field.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interview process stakeholders and interpret information gathered therefrom.
- Exceptional analytical skills including the ability to imagine and create solutions that may not have been previously considered.
- At least 3-5 years experience in business analysis and/or process improvement.
- Self-starter with a drive for understanding and solving problems.
- Working with field and home office employees, document and monitor payroll process from initial time accumulation to final payment of employee including identifying key metrics for measuring process improvement.
- Coordinate and facilitate the identification and analysis of key opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies.
- Present findings and recommendations to Management and key stakeholders.
- Lead approved process improvement initiatives including the coordination of the related field office, home office departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of the overall process improvement.
- Responsible for managing an agreed upon project budget.
- Monitors implemented process improvements against established metrics and continually adds enhancements as necessary.
- Supports continuous process improvement throughout the company.
- Ensures proper integration and accuracy of payroll related costs including benefits, union payments, workers’ compensation and taxes with the job cost and associated accounting systems.
- Builds and maintains efficient reporting and payroll analytics to support various stakeholder needs.
- Supports Payroll Supervisor to resolve payroll and payroll tax related issues and challenges.
- Performs other duties as required.
Please provide a current resume and a cover letter providing detail about process improvement with which you may have been involved in the past.