To identify quality leads and gather data to evaluate and strategize leads assigned.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Redeem individual sales plan and assist in the redemption of overall Department and Branch sales goals.
- Develop proposals that effectively emphasize benefits and performance in lieu of just scope and price
- Develop estimates in coordination with estimating department that are reasonably redeemable by operations
- Develop proposals that effectively communicate objectives, scope, schedule, price, alternates, basis of proposal, design criteria and general conditions
- Develop proposals with preferred terms and conditions that minimize risk
Manage Projects Through the Pre-Construction Phase
- Establish and maintain team focus on goals
- Secure additional expertise as required (LEDS, scheduling, planning, etc.)
- Avoid and/or identify “scope creep”
- Provide contract summary updates
- Secure, negotiate and execute acceptable contract terms (with legal department support)
- Initiate and successfully lead transition process from sales to construction
- Prepare written purchasing plan and participate in purchasing major packages
- Document key meetings with the customer
Manage Customer Throughout Construction Phase
- Leadership in customer expectation meeting
- Resolve contractual scope issues
- Provide open book cost reviews (if applicable)
- Assist with change order process
- Maintain benefit summary
- Negotiate lump sum conversion (if applicable)
- Solicit and receive letter of recommendation
- Build long-term customer relationships – receive preferential treatment
- Develop new customers as identified and/or assigned
- Support HVAC Service and Facility Management in obtaining aftermarket contracts
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a construction-related field) or equivalent.
- 15+ years of experience within the mechanical HVAC industry.
- 5+ years of successful management experience.
- Documented completion of OSHA’s 30-hour Construction Training Course.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective collaboration and communication (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Advanced education or project management certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.