PANTHERx® Specialty Pharmacy is THE Rare Disease Specialty Pharmacy®, servicing patients nationwide, and headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. PANTHERx Specialty's mission is to transform lives by delivering medical breakthroughs, clinical excellence, and access solutions to patients afflicted with rare and devastating conditions. PANTHERx was recently recognized as the fastest growing healthcare company by Inc. magazine and in the top 5 places to work by Modern Healthcare. PANTHERx identifies opportunities every day to Reinvent Specialty, Revolutionize Pharmacy, and Redefine Care®, by developing focused solutions, bold innovation, and novel clinical services associated with the life-transforming therapies.
We are currently seeking a full-time A/R Clerk to join our team!
- Medical Insurance
- 401K (After 1 year of service)
- Paid-Time Off
- EAP Services
The role of the A/R Clerk is to manage financial aspects of billing and collections of assigned accounts. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ensure medically billed plans, Medicare, pharmacy and secondary plans are being billed and outstanding receivables are followed until completion
- Aggregate necessary documentation and perform associated actions to support and respond to audit requests from medically billed plans, PBMs, Medicare, and ancillary payers.
- Provide feedback on best practices for operations as gleaned from audit experiences.
- Manage assigned outstanding accounts receivable to ensure all valid and collectable cash is collected.
- Provide feedback if an open receivable could become risk of collections
- Once the payment is collected, ensuring accounts are updated correctly
- Phone Conversations with providers, insurers and patients to resolve outstanding balances
- Attend staff meetings
- Open communication within all departments and provide feedback to ensure positive results for patients, payors and Panther
- Work with Management to identify any negative margins at a drug/patient/payor level regarding adjudicated and non-adjudicated claims
- Work with Management to craft goal sets associated with audit related activities and experiences.
- Provide audit support as needed and communicate gaps or concerns prior to
- Responsible for posting credit card payments for patients
- Responsible for researching invoices for outstanding refunds needed to be processed
- Responsible for reviewing, researching and processing outstanding credits by apply the credit to the correct invoice
- Preparing refund request where applicable
- Keeping patient accounts up to date
- Adhere to compliance guidelines going forward. This position will help us meet our goals on a continuous basis
- Follow-up monthly on established payment plans for our members
- Call patients on their outstanding balances for information needed by insurance or to set-up financial arrangements
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years Accounts Receivable and Collections experience required
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary to professionally and effectively convey ideas
- Ability to understand and act on basic business principals of AR
- Prioritization of daily tasks and focus on company goals
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient with EDS billing systems, Excel and Word
- Experience or knowledge within the healthcare industry, particularly a mail order or specialty pharmacy
- Experience with CPR+
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of the job.